US $600 for ISOA Members
US $700 for Prospective Members.
REGISTRATION POLICY: All participants must pre-register online, as there will be no on-site registration available.
AGENDA: PSC1-ISO Certification: Practical Strategies and Lessons Learned
This ISOA sponsored event is intended to help companies of all sizes prepare for the PSC1/ISO 18788 certification process. It features three experienced auditors who have audited a large variety of land and maritime security companies in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Africa.
Event Date: Friday, January 29 2016
Event Time: 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Offices of GreenbergTraurig - 1750 Tysons Blvd, 10th Floor - McLean, VA 22102.
The GT Offices are in the building above the Palm Restaurant adjacent to the Tysons Galleria on the west side.
Parking: Parking by the hour is available inTysons Galleria, or by valet at the Ritz Carlton next door.
Metro: Silver Line to the Tysons corner Metro and walk two blocks toward the Tyson’s Galleria.
· Kateri Carmola, Carmola Consulting Group;
· Scott Dumper and Tony Phipps, MSS Global.
· Christopher Mayer, DoD, and DoS rep to be determined.
9:00 -- Welcome and introductions
9:15-10:00 -- View from the Government
Chris Mayer (DoD) and DoS representative to be determined.
· What is now required to compete for government contracts?
· How does the government evaluate the certification process?
10:15-11:30: The Certification Process
· What do PSC1 auditors look for, and how do they do it?
· What are typical timelines, and how can a company manage them?
11:40-13:00: How to Prepare for Certification and Common Pitfalls
· What are common ‘Internal requirements’?
· What are common ‘external requirements’?
· How can the cost of certification be managed?
1:30 to 3:30: Confidential meetings with individual companies (20 min each)
1:30-2:30, and 2:30-3:30 (presentation repeated twice) -- Mission Specific Challenges
· Operational location (Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa, maritime)
· Engaging different stakeholders (third country nationals, local communities)