ISOA's current member companies and organizations are working worldwide in high risk environments providing invaluable services from logistics to training to fleet management. Due to the nature of their work, they frequently have opportunities available for short and long term positions.
Costing Manager – Government Services Contracts
Posted: June 20, 2020
Virginia or Boston ideal but open; telecommuting possible
Senior Director of Cost Estimation & Analytics
$115,000 plus 10 percent bonus
This position involves the pricing of government contracts including soliciting subcontractor pricing. The candidate would be responsible for pricing solutions for new business and existing customer rebids and expansions, including gathering of appropriate salary and benefit costs, estimation of supplies, material and equipment costs, identification of competent subcontractors, issuing subcontractor RFPs, tracking progress on projects, adhering to project pricing deadlines and completion of bid packages.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviews Performance Work Statement/Scope of Work (PWS/SOW) from clients, customers, and local contract sites to verify accuracy, developing questions as needed.
- Develop estimates and pricing in response to client/customer RFP, utilizing various sources including internal data, and external estimating such as RS Means.
- Create and solicits the PWS/SOW to vendors, tracks progress, record pricing data and submits to contract sites or Business Development (BD).
- Works to locate local and national vendors to perform subcontracted services.
- Confers with vendors and analyzes vendor's operations to determine factors that affect prices. May recommend use of alternative parts, materials, or methods to reduce costs.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with local and national vendors.
- Schedules site visits with BD and/or local contract sites if available.
- Reviews quotes received from vendors for accuracy.
- Attends meetings with BD and/or Site teams in relation to assigned projects.
- Focuses on the subcontracting of Small Businesses (SB) for use on projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting Structure and Relationships
- Reports to the Senior Director of Cost Estimation & Analytics
- Works closely with the Senior Director of Cost Estimation & Analytics, VP Finance -Commercial Solutions, field operations, business development, solutions team and finance.
Experience, Skills and Education
- Desire 2-4 years of experience providing facilities maintenance and cost estimating services.
- Desire RS Means experience.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of facilities maintenance, repair and/or construction is a plus.
- Field experience in facilities maintenance, repair and/or construction is a plus.
- Preparation of proposal pricing disclosures
- Gathering and populating databases
- Strong analytical and communication skills supported by advanced Excel skills
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, takes ownership and has pride in their work, resilient, self-starter, and a has a can-do attitude
- Ability to work across departments
- Four-year college degree in finance, accounting, mathematics, economics, engineering, or facilities management
- 30% travel required
Know anyone ready for this opportunity? Send updated resume to CarrollDickson@comcast.net